Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Take Time

I'm learning to take time....Time is a strange fellow. He is around all the time, but usually tends to be a cruel ruler over our lives, dictating our actions. My life in the past two weeks has gone from having a decent amount of free time to a more rigid schedule of events, but I am realizing that if I take a hold of Time and make him my servant instead of my dictator then there can be a freedom within that. It's a process....learning what's priority and what isn't....who is priority in my life and who can I wait to talk to later. I don't have it down. I'm DEFINITELY still learning and fighting with this old man Time... He's been around a bit longer than I and knows his way around; so I'm trying to learn my own ways or tactics to beat him into submission :)

The School of Worship just started last week, October 5th. I'm so excited to finally have met the students as I have been praying for over the past month. We split the 16 students up into 3 bands. I have 5 students that are so excited to be in a band and are hungry for what God is going to speak to them and how He will be challenging them in this time! Their first songs were due this past Monday and we were able to gather at my house for them to share them with the rest of the band. (I just received a beautiful upright piano on Monday afternoon at my house!! Praise the LORD) They were nervous but excited. It is such a joy to be able to see the life and talent that God has placed inside these students and I can't wait to start to transform these songs from just an acoustic feel to a full band! Our first song presentations as a band are next Friday where we will be able to hear what the other 2 bands have been working on and get an idea of what the album for this school may start to sound like.

From Left to Right:
Cory, Rebecca, Kevin, Katrina, and Mary
(they affectionately call themselves "The Will Strickland Project")

This is the beginning of a great 3 month journey with so many challenges of my own within that time... I am moving... hopefully towards the goals that God has set before me...and with a grace that encourages those along my way.

0 comments: