Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hard times

Life has been good over the past few months for me..... however within these weeks it has been some of the more challenging times of my life. I feel drained, weak, and heavy hearted. The strongholds that are in Norway (and more specifically Skien) are depression and apathy, which has definitely affected me. I often times want to hide in my room and do nothing for no reason; and coming here to Poland I have felt an increased loneliness and worthlessness. I know all these things are lies and I'm praying against them daily and replacing them with the Truth of the Word, but I am weary. I want to come home; somewhere that is familiar, where I actually have friends instead of strangers with names that I can't pronounce. This has not been easy for me.... to be dealing with so many thoughts, questions, and wonderings all in one very jamp packed, fast paced several months.

The one breath of fresh air that I have had was recording week. Though it was hard work and draining in its own way, it was wonderful. Why? Because I was with two American's that I felt I had known for a long time, even though I just met them the same week. It was amazing to be around musicians with the same heart and the same understanding of the Norwegian culture.
I'm reminded of my outreach to Egypt 8 years ago and how that was one of the hardest times of my life but also the most fruitful.... I'm clinging on to that and praying that this will bear much fruit as well. I can tell you this... when I get home... I will not take it for granted! Not that I did before actually, because in reality I've basically been away from home since December, so the little moments I had there in between I cherished.

Please pray that God will continue to give me the wisdom and strength to finish well here in Norway. I really want to make an impact here at the base in Skien, Norway. Right now.... I'm still in Warsaw, Poland but we fly out tomorrow morning at 12:40. I'll give more details on that tomorrow or the next day once I get my pictures uploaded.

2 comments:

cynthia said...

Dad and I were remembering the pain of those days in Egypt just the other night in Atlanta as we read a similar account in the book we are reading by Kris Vallotton and Bill Johnson "Supernatural Ways of Royalty". Of course I cried as we discussed the pain of it all, especially the helplessness I felt when I missed your phone call. You are in my prayers man, you have a greater God than enemy...and you have the power to walk in victory and overcome this thing.
I love you
Mom
1Cor13

Maria said...

Will! first things first: I love the present colour on your blog!! haha, just dont wear tights to match..hmm?

And second! you are so right about the strongholds over this city, and country! God need to do some serious breaking of chains around here..mHm.. Still, its great to have you here, people from other places tend to look upon things differently, and that is good for us norwegeans;)

Keep on blogging friend,ciao!