Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Threshing Floor

the fantastic four


This past week Erika and I undertook the ambitious task of recording 5 songs in 5 days with our two dear friends Caleb and Erin Paxton. I have been fans of their music ever since Erika sent me their album but getting to meet them.... record with them.... spend 16 hour days with them.... laugh my head off with them....and talk about our lives together has been one of the most memorable times in my life to date. Getting to write music and record it is a birthing process that takes time, pain, labor, and hopefully results in great joy; they have been through this as a couple and were an amazing encouragement to Erika and I individually and as a couple. I can't recall myself ever feeling so connected to someone so quickly...it was truly a great joy to get to know them.

The music for our little EP, if you will, won't be done for a little bit longer since we have to mix all the tracks, get it mastered, and figure out a way distributing it. I want to thank you for any prayers that you may have lifted up on our behalf this past week, it was an intense time. There is a growing excitement within my heart as we begin to make this idea of music into a reality and I'm eager for you all to be able to let it speak to you. When we get closer to being done with the final product I'll be sure to let you know more details.

ME!..... Vocals, piano, guitar, drums and a shaker!
(and as you can see in the background... we spent a LOT of time playing speed scrabble)


Our beautiful piano at the Methodist church where we did a lot of recording

Erika!.....Vocals, violin, piano, and cello


Erin!....Glockenspiel, accordian, and vocals

The last day!! almost there!!


There was Caleb as well who played the mandolin and did 90% of the recording!
What a trooper!

3 comments:

Sarah W K said...

I am REALLY looking forward to hearing the recording...probably the mostI have anticipated any recording a friend of mine has done!!

Much love-

cynthia said...

So proud of you both! Thanks for the post...can't wait to hear it! Love you soooo much!
1Cor13

Erica (sis) said...

Can't wait to hear your wonderful gifts mingled with those of the one you love:)it's going to be spectacular.