Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our Lord is Faithful

    Today, I awoke to a very nippy morning covered in snow. "SNOW!"  I thought to myself,  "What a nice treat :)" As i meandered around the house doing my normal routine I decided to make some muffins for myself and the boys.  Whipped some up and threw them in the oven...  then continued on getting ready for the day.  Since I spent the time making the muffins I then consequently had no time to sit down and enjoy them before I left. Grabbing a paper towel I quickly shoved two delicious mixed berry muffins into it, snagged my backpack and walked out the door into the great unknown of a new day.

    To my surprise, as I walked out to my car I realized that in fact there was not a car to be seen under my carport....."Strange?...."  I quickly ran through the events of the previous day to ensure the fact that yes indeed I had parked my car there upon returning home yesterday... "Huh... well, I guess someone stole my car....I suppose I should call the police then."  I was surprisingly shocked by my own calmness and the peace that was in my heart.  God has given me so much and He is a giver of good gifts.  Just because my car is stolen doesn't mean that this fails to be true.  I know that there will be a great story of faith and goodness showing the glory of my God through this!!  So PRAISE THE LORD!!  
     Today, I have no car. But just as I walked out into the unknown today, I will do the same tomorrow and who knows.... there just might be a car waiting for me in the morning :)  

4 comments:

Andrew Irwin said...

dude, that is so crazy, but you are right about how faithful God is. I'll be praying for you man. God will take care of it. love you man.

Anonymous said...

i am learning more and more about what it means to place my hope and trust in our great God- all because of being able to watch you live it out, i am challenged by your choices to see His faithfulness and hold fast in all circumstances. I love you and am blessed by your presence in my life.

cynthia said...

What joy floods my heart as I watch you choose life! Thank you for believing in Jehovah Jireh and not letting what you see (or don't see in this case) move you! Watch out....HE IS FAITHFUL! I love you! 1Cor13

cynthia said...

FROM AUNT BONNI'S EMAIL


WOW!!! Well! Evidently God knows he isn't going to need a car in Norway and perhaps he is to be blessed with a better one when he comes back! If God can give him a house he can sure swing a car!! I say, ask for what you want, Baby! Besides, there is probably so much power in the atmosphere of that car that the thieves could likely get saved and spirit-filled riding down the road in the thing....at the very least they shouldn't be able to sleep at night due to the conviction they're gonna be under for taking it.....they might even have to bring it back to be able to get a good night's sleep again! They could even be so miserable they have to turn themselves in! You never know that God's up to!